The MAXUM Electronic Air Cleaner is a Home Smoke Eater designed for homes or offices especially in areas with cigarette smoke and cooking odors.
The Maxum Smoke Eater for homes and offices targets smoke, odors, dander and other particles both large and small. Especially helpful for allergy and asthma sufferers, the MAXUM Electronic Air Cleaner is your family’s first line of defense. Tobacco smoke, pollen, aerosols and pet dander can turn your home into a battleground for those with allergies and respiratory problems. Having theMAXUM home smoke eater in your home can alleviate allergy symptoms and filter harmful pollutants from the air that your family breathes. Wood stoves, dust, pesticides, humidifiers and other particle-producing sources of breathing problems can be kept in check with a single unit. The MAXUM Electronic Air Purifier has a 20 x 20 square foot coverage area and acts to eliminate particles, gas and odor. The filter compound is an activated carbon filter and has 5 air changes per hour with a CFM (cubic feet per minute) rate of 210-275. The MAXUM Air Purifier is a floor model and is available in several cabinet colors to match your decor. The MAXUM Home Smoke Eater Air Purifier features quiet operation, a two-speed fan and a carbon after-filter to remove odors. The electronic filter cell is 97% efficient on extremely small particulate.
How does the MAXUM Electronic Air Cleaner Work?
Standard media filters merely get in the way of larger particulate in the air while theMAXUM electronic air cleaners attract and retain airborne particulate like a powerful magnet. As dirty air (1) is drawn through the air cleaner, the larger particles are trapped by a pre-filter screen (2). Smaller particles pass through to the ionizing section of the electronic filter cell (3) where they are given a positive electrical charge. The positively charged particles continue through to the negatively charged collecting section of the electronic filter cell (4) where they are attracted and caught by the opposite charge in this section – just like a magnet attracts iron filings. The pollutants are held on the collecting section until they are washed away during the cleaning process. The air is then passed through an odor absorbing activated carbon, (sometimes referred to as charcoal) after-filter (5), freshening the purified air. The quiet circular fan (6) moves the purified air back into the room.
MAXUM Home Smoke Eater Features and Benefits
- The MAXUM home smoke eater system works like a pollution magnet, trapping 97% of all airborne particles (even those as small as one-millionth of an inch!) for a cleaner, healthier home or office.
- The electronic cell removes smoke, bacteria, pollens, and dust particles from the air as small as 0.01 microns and the activated carbon after-filter helps to eliminate even the most stubborn odors.
- The MAXUM costs just pennies to run! It uses less energy than a 120 watt light bulb.
- The permanent electrostatic cell means you’ll save money because it’s washable.
- You may be eligible for medical deductions on your income tax if the air cleaner is prescribed by a physician to alleviate hay fever, allergies, asthma, or other respiratory ailments.
- The MAXUM home smoke eater reduces heating and air conditioning costs by eliminating the need to exhaust contaminated air and recondition replacement air.
- When dust and grime are removed from the air, costly electronic equipment like computers escape damage. You’ll breathe easier with these savings.
- The MAXUM electronic air cleaner will also save you time and money on cleaning. With less dirt in the air, you won’t have to clean draperies, windows, carpets and furniture as often.
- The MAXUM smoke eater is powerful enough to clean a 20′ x 20′ room over 5 times each hour.
- Two-speed controls adjust for room size and cleaning rate and gives you greater versatility.